For more than 65 years Pioneer Growers has been known for quality, service, and food safety excellence. Our local, fresh vegetables are shipped throughout North America and the world. Pioneer Growers is one of the largest distributors of sweet corn in the industry. In addition to our sweet corn, we are known for high quality green beans, radishes, celery and cabbage. Learn more, watch our video.
A Cooperative Rich in History
- In the summer of 1950, a small group of local farmers established a marketing cooperative to handle and market their fresh vegetables.
- By supplying their fresh, high quality vegetables at the fairest prices, Pioneer Growers quickly became a major Grower/Shipper handling over 2 million packages per year.
- Leafy greens and celery were the cornerstone for Pioneer during the 60's, 70's, and 80's with corn in a distant third.
- In the late 80's, with the advent of the super sweet corn varieties, corn became king at Pioneer Growers.
- In 1992, Pioneer Growers led the way into the future when they began processing and packaging Sweet Corn. From the start, Pioneer Growers has been the industry leader in Traypack corn.
- In 2012 Pioneer expanded again in partnership with Hundley Farms to build a state-of-the-art corn packing line. They have the ability to pack over 25,000 crates a day to the highest standards in the industry.
- Today, Pioneer Growers is one of the largest distributors of sweet corn in the world, growing over 13,000 acres annually. In addition to the best corn available, we grow more than 6,000 acres of green beans, radishes, celery and cabbage.
- Pioneer Growers is proud to partner with chain stores, wholesalers and terminal markets from all around the world.